Resource Guide for El Dorado County Community Assistance
- Center for Violence free Relationships 344 Placerville Drive, Suite 11, Placerville (530) 626-1450/(530) 626-1131 crisis line www.thecenternow.org Assisting victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assaults and their families with shelter, counseling, legal services, and children services. Men’s groups are available.
- H.E.L.P. (Housing Emergency Lodging Program) (530) 306-2352 Assists local homeless individuals and their families to secure temporary emergency shelter.
- Community Resource Center (530) 344-1864 www.edc-crc.vpweb.com Provides information and referrals to El Dorado County’s at-risk and homeless families. Services may include: shelter assistance, food assistance, transportation, etc.
Senior Nutrition Program – Home delivered Meals and Congregate Dining Health and Human Service Agency 937 Spring Street, Placerville(530) 621-6160 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/nutrition The program enables older adults to obtain a nutritious meal at an affordable price. Meals are available to individuals 60 years and older. Home delivered meals are available to homebound seniors. Lunch is also served Monday through Friday at Seniors Dining Centers throughout the County. A suggested donation of $3.00 per meal.
- Food Bank – Mobile Pantry and Homebound Delivery (530)621-9950 www.foodbankedc.org Provides a mobile service delivery to locations throughout the El Dorado County area. Food is also available to homebound residents.
- Free Lunch Program For school-aged children. Contact your child’s school for information and application.
- CalFresh Program Health and Human Services Agency 3057 Briw Road, Placerville (530) 642-7300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/foodstamps Federally funded program that helps low-income people buy the food they need for good health. For most households, CalFresh is only part of their food budget, they must spend some of their own cash along with their CalFresh benefits in order to buy enough food for a month.
- Wic (Women, Infant, Children) Health and Human Services Agency 937 Spring Street, Placerville (530) 621-6176 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/WIC Nutrition education and supplemental food program. Women must be pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding. Children must be under 5 years of age. All participants must be at nutritional risk and meet income guidelines.
- S.H.A.R.E. Food Closet 1031 Thompson Way, Placerville (530) 626-8299 Monday – Friday, 10:00-12:45pm
- Calvary Chapel 6575 Commerce Way, Diamond Springs www.calvaryplacerville.com 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month, 10:00-noon
- Rolling Hills Church 800 White Rock Road, El Dorado Hills (916) 939-3527 www.rollinghillchurch.com 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month, 10:00am
- Green Valley Community Church 3500 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville (530) 622-3231 www.gvcconline.com Saturday’s, 8:00 – noon
- Seventh Day Adventist Church 35 Carson Road, Camino (530) 644-2236 Wednesday’s 8:30 – noon
- Seventh Day Adventist Church 6831 Mother Lode Drive, Placerville (530) 622-2446 www.placervillesda.org Wednesday’s, 9:00 – noon
- Pollock Pines Community Church 6361 Pony Express Trail, Pollock Pines (530) 644-2133 www.pollockchurch.com Fridays, 5:30 – 6:30pm
- The Upper Room Dining Hall 1868 Broadway, Placerville (530) 621-7730 www.stpatpv.org/serve/upper Daily, 4:00 – 5:30pm
Clothes and Furniture
- Seventh Day Adventist Church 3520 Carson Road, Camino (530) 644-2236 6831 Mother Load Drive, Placerville (530) 622-2446 www.placervillesda.org
- St Patrick Aid Ministry – Clothes Closet 3109 Sacramento Street, Placerville (530) 622-0373
- Snowline Hospice 6520 Pleasant Valley Road, DS (530) 621-7820 www.snowlinehospice.org
- Snowline Hospice Thrift Stores Administration Office Burke Junction Area, Cameron Park (530) 676-8708 455 Placerville Drive, Placerville (530) 621-1802 300 Coach Lane, Cameron Park (530) 676-8708 3961 El Dorado Road, Placerville (530) 344-4480 3550 Carson Road, Camino (530) 647-2703 www.snowlinehospice.org/thrift-stores
- Green Valley Community Church 3500 Missouri Flat Road, Placerville www.gvcconline.com Saturday’s, 8:00 – noon
- Partners in Care 2883 Cold Springs Road, Placerville (530) 344-0700 www.picthriftstore.com
- Calvary Chapel 6575 Commerce Way, Diamond Springs (530) 626-8484 www.calvaryplacerville.com 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month, 10:00 – noon
- Rolling Hills Churchww.rollhillchurch.com 800 White Rock Road, El Dorado Hills (916) 939-3527
- Housing Choice Voucher Program Health and Human Services Agency 2900 Fairlane Court, Placerville (530) 621-6300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/housing Provides rental assistance to low income individuals and families, who select their own rentals from homes, mobile homes and apartments on the private market in El Dorado County. The family pays approximately 30 percent of their in the rent to the landlord, and the Housing Authority pays the rest, up to a certain limit, directly to the landlord.
- Social Security Administration 3916 Missouri Flat Road, Suite A, Placerville (877) 545-5497 www.socialsecurity.gov
- Cal Works – (State Version of Federal TANF) Health and Human Services Agency 3057 Briw Road, Placerville (530) 642-7300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/CalWORKS The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS) program is the state implementation of the Federal Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program (TANF). It provides time-limited cash assistance to families with children.
- Family Caregiver Support Program(FCSP) Health and Human Services Agency 937 Spring Street, Placerville (530) 621-6151 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/FCSP This program is designed to help informal caregivers. FCSP offers assistance to persons caring for an older adult (60 years old or greater) or a grandparent (60 years old or greater) who is raising a grandchild or other kinship relation who is eighteen years of age or younger.
- MSSP (Multipurpose Senior Services Program) Health and Human Services Agency 937 Spring Street, Placerville (530) 621-6278 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/MSSP A care management program that provides assistance in accessing services for Medi-Cal eligible seniors 65 years and older. This program provides services to keep the most at risk seniors remaining independently in their homes.
- Veterans Services 130 Placerville Drive, Suite B, Placerville (530) 621-5892 www.edcgov.us/veterans/index The El Dorado County Department of Veteran Affairs was established by the Board of Supervisors of El Dorado County to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors in obtaining entitlements from federal, state and local agencies administrating veterans programs. It is not affiliated with the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs(VA).
- General Assistance Health and Human Services Agency 3057 Briw Road, Placerville (530) 642-7300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/generalassistance Assistance for adults without dependent children who meet specific eligibility requirements.
- Marshall Hospital – Placerville Marshall Way, Placerville (530) 622-1441 www.marshallmedical.org
- El Dorado Community Health Center 4327 Golden Center Drive, Placerville 3104 Ponte Morino Drive, Cameron Park 4641 Missouri Flatt Road, Placerville (530) 621-7700 www.edcchc.org Primary health care and preventative health services for uninsured, Medi-cal and Medicare individuals. Sliding scale fee.
- County Medical Services Program(CMSP) Health and Human Services Agency 3057 Briw Road, Placerville (530) 642-7300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/CMSP.html Provides medical assistance to residents who do not meet Medi-Cal eligibility criteria.
- Shingle Springs Tribal Health Program 5168 Horpie Road, Placerville (530) 387-4975 www.sshwc.org Health care services for uninsured, Medi-Cal and Medicare individuals. Sliding scale fee.
- Medi-Cal Program Health and Human Services Agency 3057 Briw Road, Placerville (530) 642-7300 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/medi-cal Provides assistance in meeting health care expenses for eligible person.
- Western Sierra Medical Center 3070 Camino Heights Drive, Camino (530) 647-9762 www.westernsierramedical.com Health care services for uninsured, Medi-cal and Medicare individuals. Sliding scale fee.
- Public Health Department Health and Human Services Agency 931 Spring Street, Placerville (530) 621-6100 www.edcgov.us/PublicHealth
- JOB ONE OneStop America’s Job Center of California Workforce Development and Business Resource Centers (530) 642-4850 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/onestop Represents a collaboration of the public and private sectors in El Dorado County to provide a comprehensive, integrated approach to high quality service for both job seekers and employers. Services are available to the public at no cost.
- Senior Legal Services Health and Human Services Agency 937 Spring Street, Placerville (530) 621-6154 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/Legal Offers legal assistance to residents 60 years and older regardless of income to Social Security, SSI, wills, real property, consumer affairs, contract, or credit problems. Attorney on staff. Call for an appointment.
- Legal Services of Northern California Mother Lode Regional Office 190 Reamer Street, Auburn (530) 823-7560 or (800) 660-6107 www.Isnc.net Offers assistance to low income clients in the areas of health, housing and civil rights, and income maintenance.
- Free Legal Clinic 495 Main Street, Placerville (Main Courthouse)www.eldoradocourt.org/self_help Legal Services of Northern California’s Pro Project provides free legal assistance to eligible consumers representing themselves in civil cases.
- Community Resource Center 1864 Broadway, Placerville (530) 344-1864 www.edc-crc.vpweb.com Provides information and referrals to El Dorado County’s at-risk and homeless families. Services may include: emergency assistance, food assistance, transportation, etc.
- Salvation Army Service Local Extension (530) 672-3147 Temporary emergency assistance that is not met by other agencies or organizations. Includes utility assistance, gas cards, shelter, etc.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) Health and Human Services Agency (530) 621-6150 www.edcgov.us/humanservices/homeenergy A Federally funded direct payment program to assist eligible households in offsetting the cost of heating and/or cooling their homes. Households may apply for assistance with electricity, wood, propane, pellets, and heating oil.
- Information and Assistance (530) 621-6369 or (800) 510-2020 Help older adults, their families and communities access social and health services across the country. The I&A program informs, guides and links older adults and their families to services in the community that meet their unique needs.
- Adult Protective Services (530) 642-4800
- Child Protective Services (530) 642-7100
- Placerville Police Dept. (530) 642-5210
- Poison Control Center (800) 876-4766
- Sheriff’s Department (530) 621-5655
Call 911 for Emergency Assistance